Monday, June 1, 2009

It's Been a Long Time...


Whew. It has been quite some time since I wrote here. I am not done with this blog and I guess my only excuse for the gap in posting is gardening season and impatience over healing.

If anyone is interested my health, some days I am sure I am getting better and others I still feel like I have a digestive disorder. This uncertainty is creating stress which only makes my digestion worse. But, I will stay positive. When I eat safe foods, I feel well, so I must look at my safe diet as if I’m in a groove and not in a rut.

Gardening season got off to a hot start up here and now some plants are bitten by the frost. The cucurbits are turning white and the tomatoes are a few days away from crying, but even dying living things help my mind. Without any scientific proof, I strongly believe that it helps everyone to witness the life cycle of plants. It may reduce stress, put the world into perspective, or just create some excitement about creating one’s own food, but I see the effects in all school gardens. School gardens can be as small as one raised bed, but providing experiential education is enlightening for students who live in a theoretical lifestyle.

Expect more gardening posts and pictures in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see a post from you. I've been thinking of you. The path to good health is often harder than we'd like. Hang in there.

    Looking forward to the gardening posts with photos. I like this photo! The life cycle of plants is amazing for sure.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete